MERITUS.GP/ is a championship-winning international motorsport team with a European heritage.
With more than 2 decades of experience in Asia since winning with Narain Karthikeyan (India’s first F1 driver), the MERITUS team has won 36 FIA titles at every level of the sport. 10 drivers have graduated to F1, 2 won Indy 500 and 2 won 24h Le Mans.
Organisers of the FIA’s Formula 4 championship in South East Asia, MERITUS are currently focused on developing youth in the sport. F4SEA is a 10-event Championship using the Mygale-Renault F4 race car visiting Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, India, Taiwan, and Indonesia. The MERITUS team are dedicated to creating international motorsport heroes: our 2018 champion signed with Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 and the 2019 winner with Renault F1.
MERITUS and F4SEA are currently looking for a Chief Mechanic who would be responsible for:
- Management and training of all mechanics under his/her supervision
- Managing and personally checking the rebuild of all 20 cars
- Managing and personally checking and ensuring that each car is ready to race and safe to release
- Ensuring that all information is recorded by the mechanics in their logbook
- Developing and enforcing checks and procedures to ensure reliability
- Designing and manufacturing solutions to improve reliability and/or performance
- Overseeing the management of spare parts, equipment, and consumables
- Managing loading, unloading of containers and equipment
- Working with the Company to develop the budget
For the 2020 season, because of the coronavirus, F4SEA will hold a shortened 5-6-event calendar. All races will be in Malaysia to minimize travel and exposure.
The championship will start in September, when travel will be more feasible, so the Chief Mechanic would initially be brought to Malaysia in August for a 3-4-week period to manage the rebuild of the cars. Staying on through the first event to ensure everything runs smoothly.
The Chief Mechanic would need to be at each of the F4SEA race-events below from Sunday the week prior, as there is testing on Monday.
- 21-23 August Sepang
- 11-13 September Sepang
- 17-18 October Sepang
- 07-09 November Sepang
- 27-29 November Sepang
- 04-06 December Sepang
This position would initially be as an independent contractor, but the team are interested in discussing a full-time position as we move forwards.
Interested candidates please submit their applications through www.motorsportjobs.com