Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
Our CFD methodology is integral to the development of the car. We are therefore growing our CFD methods group to enhance our CFD tools and ensure that every CFD test is as effective as possible in understanding and adding to the car’s performance.
Key operational duties:
- Work with the senior CFD engineers and aerodynamicists to understand correlation aspects and develop methods and processes to improve this.
- Develop methodologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our CFD tools and workflow.
- Support and optimise existing CFD tools including monitoring and resolving issues.
- Ensure that CFD simulations and analysis carried out within the department are aligned with the capability of the tools.
- In the senior role you will be expected to provide guidance to other engineers and take a lead in key aspects of the group’s work.
- Excellent team player and able to work effectively with other groups.
- Experience applying CFD knowledge to drive effective engineering solutions.
- Proven ability to work at a fast pace and to react rapidly to new information.
- F1 experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of Python, Java, C++, and Unix shell scripting would be beneficial.
- Experience of StarCCM+, ANSA, and NX would also be beneficial.
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center.