Duties and Responsibilities - Specific
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts
- Disposing of rubbish
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or area
- To assist in the preparation of food
- To assist in the serving of meals to customers, staff and others and the setting and clearing of tables.
- To assist in the preparation and serving of beverages to staff, customers and others
- To wash and dry kitchen pots/utensils and ensure their proper storage.
- To clean the kitchen area (floors, cookers etc).
- To assist in ensuring a high level of health and safety, cleanliness and food hygiene and to ensure that safe working practices are followed. To report any problems to the Catering Supervisor.
- Assist in stock taking and storage of stock, including checking deliveries
- Attending training courses as appropriate.
- The post holder is part of a team whose aim is to promote the general well being of service users and may be required to work with the client in the kitchen as appropriate
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job
Duties and Responsibilities - General
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- It will be necessary to work with information technology and associated systems in accordance with Company policies.
- To co-operate with the council in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company's environmental policies.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.