Are you a C++ software engineer or simulation specialist? Do you have a passion for vehicle dynamics and physics? Do you know C++ inside and out? If you're in motorsports, why not think about a career move to making world-class racing games!
At Codemasters we like to stay close to the motorport industry, and this is a great opportunity for a real car enthusiast to broaden into a whole new world of creating realistic vehicle simulations for video games. We can train the game elements if you can bring the software simulation skills and the passion and understanding of vehicle dynamics.
We are working on a new project in our Cheshire studio. Utilising Codemasters’ renowned racing engine technology we have ambitious plans for one of the company’s most successful and beloved titles. The new project is currently in concept – there’s no better time to join and learn.
Racing games are our heart and soul here at Codies. Our world-class engineering and creative teams work together to deliver the authentic motorsport experience for the player, across a range of titles from off-road to Formula 1.
There’s a reason we’re called Codemasters, and this job is a great example. The Vehicle Physics Programmer role requires a solid understanding of vehicle dynamics and a deep technical familiarity of physics engines. You will be an expert-level C++ software engineer with a proven track record of delivering robust solutions to exceptional standards, and you will work to maintain and improve standards across the team.
As well as learning all about game development, you will bring your motorsport knowledge to lead the direction and quality of vehicle dynamics within the game. You will be the go-to guru specialist for all things physics on the project. As such there is a high degree of autonomy and influence to enjoy. This role is surely the pinnacle of a vocation in vehicle dynamics and provides a unique career opportunity at a world-leading racing developer.
Highlights include but are not limited to:-
- Develop cutting edge vehicle simulation technology for cross-platform AAA racing titles
- Identify opportunities for R&D to develop and improve systems
- Plan and deliver features and tools for the game and its development
- Collaborate with the design and gameplay teams to ensure that we deliver a first-class player experience.
- Collaborate with technical experts across our studios to ensure quality across the company
- Work with the art team to ensure the quality of assets and workflows
- Deliver technical designs, overviews and presentations
- Coach and/or mentor staff in good engineering practices.
- Act on feedback on your designs from your line-manager and others. Review the designs of others across multiple areas.
- Work closely with production to ensure solutions are within budget and on time.