Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Purchasing department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team. We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. We have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
This position reports to the Purchasing Manager or their designee and is located in Banbury, UK. Primarily responsible for the procurement on indirect (non-car) parts, services and consumables.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments
- Make appropriate supplier selections based on Quality, Cost, Capability and Capacity in a high-pressure environment
- Possess the ability to support the procurement of metallic machined and composites car parts during seasonal high demand.
- Manage a large order book of multiple suppliers and at all times ensuring that data within the ERP software is accurately communicated to the wider business
- Administer the onboarding process for new vendors, Non-Disclosure agreements, commercial terms, compliance etc.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years working in a motorsport/high end automotive environment or 5 years’ experience working in a professional motorsports/high end automotive environment
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of the entire procurement process - Requisition through to accounts payable
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of working with vendor managed inventory would be beneficial
- Be able to interpret technical drawings/specifications when required
- Familiarity with CAD manipulation and interrogation
Equipment and Applications:
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 / D365 ERP system
- Knowledge of working with the office 365 suite of products including Sharepoint, Power BI and Teams would be advantageous
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require some, occasional domestic travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.