The McLaren name is synonymous with motorsport. The story across five decades of racing at the pinnacle of global motorsport is of restless technical development with characters of passion and true grit, all with a single-minded determination to succeed. The trophy cabinet at McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) tells a thousand stories of world champions, great drivers, constructor titles and of all those individuals who have stood on the sport’s global stage to make their invaluable contribution in making that difference: that extra thousandth of second off a lap time.
As we begin this exciting journey we are looking for a Buyer to join our rapidly expanding team and help us to deliver the best GT cars to our global customer base.
Purpose of the role:
In the Buyer role You will be responsible for the effective sourcing and procurement of a range of highly innovative products for a range of high performance racing car (GT) and future projects.
You will play a key part in a growing team responsible for all direct purchasing across McLaren GT Motorsport.
- Take a leading role within the program team to assist with achievement of vehicle timing milestones Procurement responsibility for both development and “series” expenditure
- To deliver against aggressive targets for the Purchasing function to achieve the overall business objectives
- Providing initial point of escalation to assist with resolving commercial, timing & supply issues and contract discussions
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within the programme team and provide full supply chain support for any identified project activities / requirements.
- Lead contract negotiations, including terms and conditions, for goods and services
- Effective management of a positive and collaborative supplier relationship in order to increase the value gained from the partnership.
- Report status and project metrics to Purchasing Manager
- Travelling at suppliers’ facilities when required (monthly reviews)
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Strong procurement knowledge is vital, to ensure delivery of commercial agreements against programme targets, as well as identification of suppliers on a global basis to meet technology requirements.
- Procurement experience within the automotive industry or a related manufacturing industry
- Experience of working cross-functionally within a development program involving diverse functions such as quality, logistics, development, planning etc
- Preferable MCIPS qualified (or recognised other Purchasing Qualification) /University Degree
- Extensive experience in writing supplier contracts and schedules of work
- Thorough understanding of contract management, tendering and negotiation
- Experience in supplier management techniques
- Strong communicator / influencer with the ability to influence at multiple levels
- Desire to deliver a world class service to an evolving and challenging customer base
- Effectively lead and influence in a dynamic organisation
- Capable to work independently in contract implementation and management
- Fully accountable for actions with clear desire to take full responsibility for their teams KPIs
- Enthusiastic and with a high level of self-motivation to overcome obstacles
- Excellent planning, organising, written and presentational skills
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.