Responsible for bringing Ambient Hearing Protection to the Motor sports and Shooting market by increasing the number of white label and distribution customers. Grow these markets to achieve maximum profitability and expansion in line with company vision and values. Meet or exceed the company’s targets, both in sales and margin.
In conjunction with the Business Development Director establish sales plans and business and marketing strategies to expand the customer base and contribute to the development of training and marketing programs for all customers and channels.
If you are located outside the Delft area of the Netherlands, the role would require to work from a home office. Candidates would spend their time predominately developing and visiting (new and existing) customers within the sales region.
- Co-develop a sales plan for the market that ensures fulfillment of company annual sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for the performance and development of appointed channels within the prescribed territory
- Business development: Prepare action plans by channels and accounts for effective development of all sales leads and prospects.
- Work with the current distributors and Business Partners identifying training needs and assisting in the development of their markets.
- Identify new markets and channels. Work with management on the development of defined products for these and all channels
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new and existing customers and markets.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conduct one-on-one review with all accounts on a regular basis to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs within the accounts, and to provide insight for the improvement of the accounts sales and marketing activities and performance.
- Provide monthly feedback to senior management regarding channel and account performances.
- Carry out competitor analysis and customer surveys.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports via the company CRM system.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Planning and organisation of exhibition attendance for all market sectors.
- Carry out other duties as requested by senior management.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Always present DEC as professional, efficient, business competent and as an excellent partner for all accounts in all channels to work with.
- Support existing distributor channels in all aspects of developing their markets, maintain high level of performance in appointments, presentations, proposals and business closure.
- Maintain regular contact with all clients within the territory ensuring high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- 10-15 years of experience in sales (management).
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Business Development.
- Experience in the motorsport- and/or shooting industry would be prefered.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality sales and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with clients senior executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, sympathetic to other person's point of view. Well presented and businesslike. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel for up to a few days per week. Keen for new experience, responsible and accountable for all aspects of their business. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understand the principles of sales, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc. Appreciate need for consistency within company's branding and marketing mix.
Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g. gross margin percentages and calculations. Must be a competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success and experience of managing accounts, customers and experience of working in conjunction with management on large contracts, particularly achieving genuine sales development in OEM and white label solutions.
Education: Higher educated or university.
About DEC: Based in Delft, The Netherlands Dynamic Ear Company (DEC) develops and manufactures innovative hearing protection and sound management solutions for motorsports, musicians, industry, military and leisure and almost every application where loud sounds can cause permanent hearing damage. DEC filter technology changed the hearing protection industry by providing unprecedented ‘flat attenuation” in universal fit solutions. This allows users to hear sounds in a natural, safe way.
DEC products include flat attenuation filters, industrial filters, universal hearing protection automatic variable mechatronic filters, balanced armature earphones and accessories. The DEC products are available through our worldwide network of manufacturers, (Personal Protection Equipment) distributors, audiologists and resellers.