Race Winning Brands is currently looking for an Application Design Engineer II to work in the Mentor, OH location. The primary function includes but is not limited to: design, computer model, document and release new and derivative products. Provides product design concepts, layout, analysis and computer modeling for the development and documentation of new and derivative products. Supports manufacturing using design knowledge and solid modeling expertise. Motorsports enthusiast is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, 3D modeling, drawing of core products, and FEA
- Clearly and accurately communicating engineering information to manufacturing, sales, and marketing teams
- Experience working in internal combustion engine technology, both hands-on & theory.
Maintaining the accuracy, completeness, and security of design manuals and standard operating procedures in support of core engineering functions: including but not limited to the development of both existing and future pistons, piston forgings, and related components.
- Design of new products under the direction of the engineering manager, lead engineer, or design team
- Creation of detailed engineering drawings and related information; including specification of appropriate dimensions, tolerances, and surface finishes
- Ability to perform fitment and tolerance stack analyses
- Ability to resolve problems quickly and ensure on time delivery of projects: problems may relate to a product’s design, specifications, materials, supplier performance, manufacturing operations.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams to support the core business, ensuring quality products are delivered on time.
- Work assignments may be complex and non-routine in nature where established techniques or procedures do not yet exist; requires a dynamic outlook and the ability to adapt and overcome as new challenges arise
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience designing and specifying precision parts
- Familiarity with precision measurement tools including micrometers, height gauges, dial indicators and calipers
- 25% travel required
- Candidate must be able to travel by air
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Candidate must be able to communicate in English
- Computer Aided Design / 3D Solid Modeling Software / Solidworks preferred
- Common desktop computer operating skills, such as Windows, Microsoft Office