Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
You will be responsible for formulating and guiding conceptual design directions, using our state-of-the art CFD and wind tunnel facilities at the Grove factory, as well as data collected at the track, to achieve a thorough understanding of the car’s aerodynamics.
Key operational duties:
- Use CFD to iterate your designs, analysing and publishing results to the group to promote discussion and working effectively with the surfacing group.
- Construct wind tunnel and track experiments to assess performance and answer key aerodynamic questions.
- Supervise wind tunnel projects through surfacing, design and test.
- Analyse wind tunnel and track data alongside CFD results, publishing key findings.
- Contribute to the running of the wind tunnel.
- Excellent team player and able to work effectively with other groups.
- Demonstrates a good awareness of aerodynamic design aspects.
- Able to apply novel and creative thinking to aerodynamic problems.
- Able to work at a fast pace and with a high degree of flexibility.
- Has a degree in Aeronautical Engineering (or equivalent).
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center.