Aerodynamic development is fundamental to our on-track performance and having the right tools for the job is critical. We are seeking a talented software engineer to join our aerodynamic performance group and help us architect and build the next generation of data science capabilities and analysis tools.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for understanding our on-track performance and aerodynamic correlation across our simulation environments. Within this team you will be designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting a suite of data analysis tools used throughout the aerodynamics department, collaborating with our software and data science groups to deliver complete software solutions. You will also be expected to gain expert knowledge of the tools working with performance engineers, driving simulator engineers, aerodynamicists, CFD and wind tunnel engineers, contributing directly to the quest for performance in all areas of the department.
A strong candidate would have experience in some of the following technologies and areas:
• Analysis and visualization of complex datasets
• Developing graphical tools using MATLAB, Python, or Julia
• Backend API’s in .NET Core (C#) or similar (REST or gRPC)
• Database technologies: SQL Server, MySQL & NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB)
• Software process management tools and source control (e.g. Azure DevOp’s and Git)
• Working within the aero performance group to research, develop and implement innovative software solutions.
• Contributing to the analysis of data within the aero performance group across track, wind tunnel and CFD environments.
• Liaising with key stakeholders to define and develop solutions to domain problems.
• Collaborating with other software groups in the company to enhance and develop shared backend services.
• Assisting with application support where necessary.
• Contributing toward improving software process within the team.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work with a wide range of groups and disciplines seamlessly.
• Background or experience in data science, aerodynamics, vehicle dynamics or computer simulations.
• Have a proven track record of developing software following agile or similar working practices.
• Demonstrated out of the box approach and readiness to learn new technologies rapidly.
• Passion for working with the tools you develop.
• You have a degree in Computer Science or Aeronautical, Mechanical or Software Engineering (or the equivalent)
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors. We also have a subsidised restaurant on site. Please scroll down the page to review our benefits suite below.
Application closing date: 1st November 2021
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.