Scuderia Toro Rosso is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Aero Mechanical Design Engineer to work in our Aerodynamics department.
The role: In this role Reporting to the Aero Mechanical Design team Leader, you will be responsible for the detail design activities related to mechanical components and assemblies that will be used within the context of the wind tunnel test environment. A solid foundation of engineering principles and the application of them to engineering problems is required for the variety of projects typically dealt within the role.
What you will do:
• Hand calculations as well as using FEA software to illustrate designs are fit-for-purpose
• Mechanical aero development
• Hydraulic and pneumatic actuator system design.
• Design of fixtures, jigs and test rigs for Wind Tunnel and R&D testing
• Stress and fatigue analysis of components and structures
What you need:
• Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Working knowledge of CAD
• Design FEA and draughting experience
• A good knowledge of GD&T
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
Some more competencies nice to have:
• knowledge of automation using electromechanical and hydraulic systems
• understanding of force measurement instrumentation
In our dynamic engineering environment, you’ll be self-motivated, able to work to high levels of accuracy with attention to detail, work to tight deadlines and have excellent communication and organisational skills.
Along with these responsibilities, we expect you’ll be prepared to be flexible in your approach to work and to go the extra mile when required. We offer a competitive package including: a bonus scheme, comprehensive pension scheme, life insurance, private healthcare, 25 days holidays and great facilities, including on-site gym. If you think you have what it takes to join our innovative and fast paced F1 team, we’d like to hear from you