Founded in 1946, Richmond Raceway is America’s Premier Short Track. The venue annually hosts two NASCAR race weekends, featuring the NASCAR Cup Series and either NASCAR Xfinity Series or NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series, and an NTT IndyCar Series race weekend on the iconic ¾-mile D-shaped oval. Richmond Raceway is a regional leader for events including sports, live music and consumer trade shows. The Richmond Raceway Complex’s 1,100 plus acre multipurpose facility hosts more than 200 live events over 280 event days annually, including concerts with top national recording artists at Virginia Credit Union LIVE!, the region’s only covered amphitheater.
The Accounting Intern is primarily responsible for supporting the Director of Accounting and Accounting staff in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department for event(s) and day-to-day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with preparation of month-end financial analyses and reports
- Work under supervision of other department staff
- Assist with account reconciliation, accounts payable and receivable processing
- Perform variance analysis related to budget/forecast
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc and other internal reports
- Perform financial tasks related to events (i.e. cash operations, event audits, order review and reconciliation)
- Ensure the completion of assigned tasks in line with established deadline
- Assist with inventory tracking and the regular physical inventory
- Study the accounting policies and processes of the organization and abide by them
- Compose and input journal entries into General Ledger
- File and scan journal entries
- Support the internal customers with financial processing and reporting
- Perform data entry
- Perform special finance projects as requested by the Director of Accounting
- Prepare other monthly and weekly reports as required to provide management with current operating data and performance
Education and/or Experience
- At minimum an Associate Degree in accounting, or a degree in business with coursework including accounting or equivalent work experience.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.