Adjacent to its sister track, Route 66 Raceway, Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill., is a $130 million, 1.5-mile, D-shaped, tri-oval speedway that annually hosts the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series, NASCAR Gander Outdoor World Truck Series and ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards. Chicagoland Speedway sits on 930 acres of land, which is large enough to accommodate 42 United Centers (home of the Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks). Chicagoland Speedway provides 500 acres of free parking for more than 50,000 vehicles.
Position Account Executive, Ticket Sales
Department Ticket Sales
Supervisor Manager of Ticket Sales
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
Position Purpose and Summary
The Account Executive, Ticket Sales job is a salaried position with bonus/commission and overtime opportunities. The primary focus of this position is the renewing and selling of season tickets, group tickets, individual tickets, fan hospitality, and camping for Chicagoland Speedway (CLS) and Route 66 Raceway (Rt. 66). Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway are world class facilities in Joliet, IL owned and operated by International Speedway Corporation (ISC).
- Ability to work Monday-Friday with communicated schedule adjustments to maximize evening and weekend sales opportunities as this position is not your typical 9 – 5 job
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of leadership and associates
- Show a passion for aggressively driving revenue and generating new relationships
- Prospecting new clients using telemarketing, electronic mail, video chat, face-to-face meetings, and networking events to build relationships and ultimately sell local businesses, groups, organizations, and individuals a ticket package
- Contacting existing ticket holders for renewal and up sells
- Strong sales follow up procedures
- Ability to make verbal presentations to groups of various sizes
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement ticket sales campaigns while working with all CLS & Rt. 66 departments
- Deliver quality customer service with every person you come in contact with to maximize the relationship and ultimately grow the ticket base of both CLS & Rt. 66
- Use CRM as a tool to help with organization and track activity/revenue progress
- Other duties as assigned
- Accuracy in work produced
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous requests
- Timelines of delivery of services
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication and time management skills with friendly and professional demeanor
- Must be able to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments
- Must be well-organized with attention to detail
- Must possess a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
Usual office working conditions. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required. Some work required in outdoor conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties, and functions.
Special Position Requirements
Position may require travel as requested. Background and credit checks are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.