Reporting to the Team Manager you will be responsible for the Team coordination activities of race, test and other related/associated events. An integral part of the Race Team, you will be traveling to all race events throughout the season as well as support from the Team base located near Toulouse, South of France.
French language proficiency required and all applications must be in French !
Your experience in the travel requirements of medium to large groups of personnel with a strong familiarity of European and International travel including, flight scheduling, hotel negotiations and bookings will be necessary.
You will develop detailed Team and event itineraries that reflect the latest available information.
Your “can do” attitude will be required to resolve issues / challenges as they arise at the track that relate to travel, personnel health and wellbeing, Team catering and the myriad of other items that often arise while away racing.
At the Team base you will support the Team Manager in the day today operation of the Race and Test Teams. This will include, but not limited to, purchase order generation and ordering, work rotation and vacation scheduling, general administration activities, etc. etc.
Base: Rouffiac-Tolosan (Toulouse area), France.
Min 3yrs.experience in a similar role or industry, experience of professional motorsport desirable but not essential.
Key Responsibilities :
- Travel planning, booking and organisation for all race, test, engineering and other special events to include flights, hotels, rental cars, transfers and appropriate visa requirements as necessary
- Generation and revision of detailed Team travel itineraries and travel information
- Event organisation, coordination and planning based on available information; generation of Team event schedules, updating as required through the event
- Liaison with Team Manufacturer partner and agency for at-event planning and Team interaction involving Team Execs, Sponsors and VIP guests both at event and offsite
- Liaison with Team and Series medical personnel as required during the event
- Team catering orders, prior to and during the event; post event reconciliation of invoicing.
- Team kit oversite including planning of requirements, inventory management and distribution
- Team driver support at event including activity planning and scheduling, both at and away from the event, driver appearances, maintenance / preparation and upkeep of driver wear (race suits, helmets, etc.)
- Support garage set-up ensuring a premium appearance at all times
- Attendance at races and test as required
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel.
Specialized Knowledge and Required Skills :
- IT literate and highly competent in the use of multiple packages and platforms, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- You should be comfortable in your ability to communicate both in written and verbal form when engaging with either Team, Manufacturer or Series representatives.
Work Environment and Physical Demands :
The ELMS and WEC championships are unique working environments, a flexible approach and can-do attitude is ideal. Your ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role will require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.