Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Direct involvement in changeover activities to ensure first part yield success in a timely manner (e.g. visual verification, machine adjustments, weld cross section cutting and analysis).
- Develop/Adjust welding robot programs as required. Support Manufacturing Engineers with fixture development/improvement.
- Provides production support in troubleshooting during production down time.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance in resolving process and equipment related issues.
- Works with all aspects of production (Production, Maintenance and Process Engineering) to coordinate activities.
- Supports prototype builds in production areas, product launches into production, conducts time studies, and assists in training coordination.
- Participates in Daily Huddle Meetings to maintain involvement in process/equipment improvements or updates.
- Work with employees and co-workers to implement IDEAS.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings to keep continual communication.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Certified education in welding theory/practice or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Possesses a stable work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment, and a strong personal desire to work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude. Possesses a logical method of problem solving and willingness to learn and improve one’s skills.
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers.
- Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all activities; maintains accountability for performance.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational and communication skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels within and outside the organization.
- Position is required to be able to work required overtime that can be substantial during peak customer production periods.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination and is able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Gains satisfaction from team accomplishments and takes pride in one’s contributions.
- Sets high expectations and achieves results.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite applications: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Position is required to be able to lift up to 40 pounds, perform repetitious duties and walk or stand for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
This is us – your new employer
Our Automotive Technology business is passionate about the automotive industry and produces as well as markets high-tech automotive components worldwide. With over 20,000 employees, we are responsible for the success of this business. Our product and service range includes chassis technologies such as steering and damper systems and the assembly of axle systems as well as powertrain components for conventional and alternative engines. We also develop assembly systems for body-in-white construction and produce lightweight car body components in series.
thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America, Inc. is a world class manufacturer of suspension solutions headquartered in Hamilton, Ohio USA. thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America supplies products to a wide range of Original Equipment Automotive Manufacturers as well as Aftermarket and Motorsports.
We value diversity
thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.