This European-based Racing Group embraces a collection of niche, hi-tech companies each maximizing the benefits of the global name and reputation that this Racing Brand has established in the cutting-edge technology sport of Formula 1. Through the application of the principles of total commitment, quality and excellence, this Racing Group has established itself at the forefront of European engineering and technology. The primary role is to lead Commercial and Marketing operations for our racing team supporting the IndyCar Series in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Planning, leading teams, People and Culture
- Champion the IndyCar programme and lead cohesive, cross department teams; building an exciting and dynamic team spirit.
- Manage the marketing and commercial business plan for IndyCar (one year and five year).
- Oversee the delivery of IndyCar Marketing in the core activities: Brand Partner Communications, Digital & Social, Partnerships, Brand Creative & Strategy, Brand Experience, Finance and Partnership Development. Ensure the teams are resourced with the right talent and assets.
- Create simple and effective reporting and information sharing processes.
Revenue and budget
- Work with revenue generating departments to make the platforms cash positive thereby contributing to performance across our team’s Racing platforms.
- Effective management of the IndyCar marketing budget.
- Develop pitch materials (in collaboration with the Head of Brand Partner Strategy) to frame the strategic fit between our racing team and targeted third party brand sponsors/licensees.
- Oversee the delivery of industry and specific brand and business insights to input into the core activities.
- Oversee partnerships in IndyCar supporting with strategy and steerco for the Director of Partnerships and their partner managers. Build excellent key stakeholder relationships and drive retention and growth.
- Strengthen our racing team brand equity through IndyCar. Grow the fan base and leverage partner activation budgets to support fan engagement and growth.
- Create cohesion with IndyCar and our racing team’s overarching sustainability strategy.
- Work closely with the Brand Experience team to ensure the delivery and execution of events promote and enhance the brand reputation and partner experience.
- Build strong relationships with IndyCar and other third-party industry contacts to optimize value to investment ratio.
- Work closely with the automotive business to identify any opportunities for joint exploration.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related degree. Masters or MBA ideal.
- Commercial experience including governance, finance, brand, new business, events and communications.
- Experience in motorsport (F1 or IndyCar ideal) and key personalities within as well as a knowledge of the various host cities.
- Experience interviewing / HR policies and contract negotiations
- Training in Leadership, Management and Project Management
- Adept and sound project management of multiple items on a daily, monthly and annual basis
- Demonstrable knowledge and successful track record in Industry and Commercial experience
- The role requires a flexible approach to working hours which will include working evenings and weekends.
- The role may require travel throughout the year and therefore requires you to have an up-to-date passport at all times.
We employ best in class people. So it’s only appropriate we reward them with the best in class compensation & benefits. We offer competitive salary and a full benefits package including Medical/ Dental/ Vision along with 401K Matching and more.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.