We are currently recruiting two Technicians to join the team. The Drive Silverstone team is responsible for planning, costing, developing, and delivering all driving experiences and track events at Silverstone. Our hardworking and talented workshop team prepares and maintains all our track vehicles.
40 hours per week over 7 days plus lieu time for additional weekend hours worked
To be a proactive and influential member of the workshop team in a fast-paced workshop environment which works to tight deadlines in order to provide a well-maintained fleet of Ferraris, Aston Martin Vantages, McLaren 570 & 620R, BMW M & Single seaters, capable of delivering the Silverstone range of driving products in accordance to schedules provided. To assist and support with maintenance of the wider Silverstone venue fleet.
- To supervise the workshop floor and distribute work communicated from Workshop Manager to the Workshop Team, in accordance to maintenance schedules and plans.
- To effectively communicate technical updates from suppliers to workshop team.
- Support technicians with fleet preparation and monitor productivity
- Be able to motivate team members and demonstrate professional leadership qualities.
- To maintain vehicles in accordance to maintenance schedules and plans conducting vehicle inspections, fault diagnosis and mechanical repair of the fleet
- To be responsible for workshop related activity in accordance to Company housekeeping standards and Health and Safety at Work standards.
- To professionally and conscientiously work as part of the team to contribute to departmental aims.
- To take on responsibilities of the Workshop Manager in their absence with tasks such as parts stocks control and administration in accordance to financial aims and budgetary targets
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Workshop Manager from time to time.
Performance will be monitored against the following:
- Objectives set through the Personal Development Review (PDR) process
Team Standards & Responsibilities
- To work as part of the team to lead and mentor others and to support workloads to ensure commercial and operational success
- Create a positive, proactive culture and environment within the department
- Promote at all times the professional image of the company by ensuring high standards of both professionalism and personal presentation
Customers and visitors, Workshop Manager, Drive & Ride Manager, Drive & Ride Coordinator, Technicians, third party suppliers and the wider Silverstone team
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- NVQ Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Prestige or Sports cars experience
- Welding and fabrication (desirable)
- Clean UK driving licence
- Towing licence (desirable)
- Flexible approach
- Dedicated and ambitious
- Computer skills word and excel
- Excellent collaborative team working
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Senior technician for at least 2 years