Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Purchasing department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
This position reports to the Senior Travel Coordinator. This role requires a strong administrator that is highly organized with excellent attention to detail. Working in a high-pressure environment where accuracy and multi-tasking will be essential. This is a support role in a busy organisation, working closely to assist the Senior Travel Coordinator and other team personnel and departments as determined by the Director of Purchasing from time to time.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Coordinate accurate travel arrangements for Haas F1 Team employees, contractors and young drivers - for UK, Italy & USA for ad hoc business travel, Simulator & Esports activities
- Source the most appropriate travel solution by understanding budgets, role, responsibilities and commitments of travelers
- Prepare and issue detailed travel itineraries for each trip
- Provide on-call response to queries when needed, some out of hours & emergency assistance work may be required
- Keep up to date & accurate personnel files of all travelling staff, including contact information and up to date passport applications and International Driving Permits
- Accurate completion of the teams required visa applications, including research, collection of data and any other supporting documents - travel to London embassies may be required.
- Capable of complete race itineraries, travel arrangements, bookings, and other day to day duties of Senior Travel Coordinator when required.
- Accurate processing of Race Team Overnight Allowances & submission to finance in a timely manner
- Purchase orders and credit card reconciliations
- All work & processes to be carried in accordance with the teams GDPR policy
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Senior Travel Coordinator or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
- GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including Trade School, Apprenticeship or University Degree desired.
- Number of years of work experience, years of which must be in a professional motorsports environment or other industry.
- Number of years of leadership experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Capable of working in a team environment to a very high standard and a positive work attitude.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require some domestic & international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.