Pirelli Motorsport, one of the leading international tyre manufacturers, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Trackside Engineer.
The successful candidate will become an integral member of the Pirelli Motorsport team, with an understanding of how motorsport operates; you will be involved in most aspects of tyre engineering, providing professional trackside support service in respect to a variety of motorsport events. You will work in both the base facility (UK) and at race events in the UK and abroad.
You will be experienced and passionate about motorsport, with at least 3 years of service in a similar role, have excellent practical skills, be a good problem solver, possess the ability to analyse and interpret data as well as assess physical cases and have the ability to provide clear reports in a timely manner, meeting deadlines. Within the remit of this role, you will strive to identify and continuously improve performance through, for example, the development of tools/templates to improve the understanding of data and to aspire to make Pirelli the ’go-to’ brand for motorsport tyres.
Your ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of people across all levels both internally and externally is key;
You will work with all motorsport functions and demonstrate professional behaviour, good team work and respect for others at all times working in accordance with Pirelli values.
The role will include:
- To provide a first class experienced professional engineering service in respect of Pirelli Motorsport requirements
- To analyse and interpret race data on behalf of Pirelli and your allocated motorsport team(s) with the aim of promoting continuous improvement in the brand
- To produce clear, factual reports in a timely manner
- To be acutely aware of the need for accuracy and resilience in a fast paced and highly pressurised environment
- To work as an effective team member in relation to the Engineering team and as required with other Pirelli motorsport teams
- To take initiative and solve problems through statistical analysis and regular liaison and discussion with colleagues, line managers and race team representatives
- To identify and undertake training and development activities as required to enable you to fulfil the role, keep your knowledge and skills up to date and to fulfil your own potential
- To undertake any other activities commensurate with the role to ensure the success of Pirelli Motorsport
- You will possess a relevant industry related degree and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Motorsport environment.
- The successful candidate will be prepared to undertake substantial worldwide travel and will hold a current British passport.
The successful candidate must have current eligibility to work in the UK and the ability to travel freely, with no passport or COVID vaccine restrictions, to worldwide locations.
If you think you are suited to this role and would like to be considered, please click apply and submit your CV, cover letter and salary expectations.