Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Purchasing department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Rich Energy Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with a uniquely-designed team who have quickly demonstrated our desire to win!
This position reports to the Purchasing Manager or his designee and is located in Varano de Melegari, Italy. The position is responsible for the procurement of parts predominantly for (but not limited to) the Company’s wind tunnel program.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Tasked with the procurement of parts and services to meet the demands of the wind tunnel program.
- Develop existing and new supplier capabilities to provide the most cost effective and expedient service to the wind tunnel program.
- Strive to develop multiple supply options and have the option to select the optimum solution per situation.
- Develop medium and long-term procurement strategies to streamline the procurement of wind tunnel parts.
- Carry out capability, capacity and suitability assessments for both new and existing suppliers to Haas F1.
- Manage a complex open order report that could extend to incorporate the procurement of ‘full size’ car parts.
- Confidence to feedback to engineering any changes which could reduce the cost and/or improve the quality of supply without unduly affecting the engineering performance of the part.
- Liaise directly with stakeholders within the business and be accountable.
- Responsible for invoice queries and liaising with the finance department to ensure resolution.
- Continually strive to do things quicker, better, challenge costs and improve quality.
- Experience to foresee potential quality and delivery risks, with the knowledge to implement corrective actions.
- Must be able to efficiently expedite existing purchase orders with a focus on minimizing late vendor deliveries whilst ensuring open order reports are accurate.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum 1st level degree in relevant subject.
- Minimum two years of experience within a purchasing role.
- Exposure to a racing environment preferred. Working in an international environment desirable.
- Experience in the motorsports industry would be advantageous.
- Fluent in both English and Italian.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Have experience of using an ERP system to issue purchase orders to external suppliers and manage inventory.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of 3D printing technology in materials including Stereolithography, Selective Laser Sintering and Direct Metal Laser Sintering.
Experience of procuring complex machined metallic components requiring additional treatment and/or coating processes.
Possess the ability to interpret drawing requirements, aligning design specification to supplier capability prior to formal release to production.
Ability to manipulate and interpret CAD files and understand technical specifications and drawings.
Strong negotiation skills and ability to communicate effectively and appropriately according to the situation.
Communication, ability to work under pressure, self-motivation, time management, conflict resolution, adaptability, willingness to learn, etc.
Capable of working in a team environment to a very high standard and a positive work attitude.
Equipment and Applications
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office.