Do you want to experience high performance and help design the future of motorsports? Then Audi is the right place for you. Sportiness is one of the core features of the Audi trademark – it’s in our genes, which have evolved over more than 25 years of successful participation in motorsports. It is the goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH to engage in sustainable racing at the highest level worldwide and to give customers and fans a spectacular impression of the brand’s performance. Grab this chance and make your mark on our future sporting successes.
With the aim of making the new commitment to motorsports and to participating in an international race series, Audi Formula Racing GmbH is setting up a team to develop a high-performance drive system. As part of the internal combustion engine development division, you will apply your key skills working in an international team in Neuburg a. d. Donau with framework conditions that enable you to actively shape your day-to-day work.
In return, we offer you an attractive package of benefits for maximum flexibility, personal development, attention to your heath, and, above all, pleasure in what you do.
In the area of internal combustion engine development, you will work on the engine development/application of a high-performance powertrain. Your task will be to coordinate the engine development of the high-performance powertrain and develop the maximum performance and efficiency of the engine by developing combustion processes, turbocharging and calibration, while at the same time ensuring the required reliability. You will coordinate development measures in the concept and design phase as well as in the commissioning and testing phase. You plan this in collaboration with design and simulation trials on a wide variety of engine, component or powertrain test benches. You will independently conduct and analyze the experiments and then develop appropriate proposals for further development. With your efforts, you will support the overall development of the drive unit to achieve the required level of maturity in line with the schedule.
- Coordination of the test bench operation of multiple full-engine and single-cylinder test benches
- Effective test planning and test bay use
- Coordination of testing for the high-performance powertrain in the areas of combustion processes, application, injection/ignition system, exhaust gas turbocharger system, fuel
- Coordination, performance, and analysis of engine tests on single-cylinder, full-engine, and component test benches.
- Coordination, highly dynamic calibration for engine, transmission, MGU powertrain
- Technical degree in the areas of mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, design engineering
- Several years of experience in high-performance engine development in the area of combustion processes and calibration
- In-depth knowledge of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, fuel development, and metrology
- Broad knowledge in the area of design and development of turbocharging, injection and ignition systems
Experience in the operation of single-cylinder, highly dynamic full-engine and powertrain test benches
Full professional proficiency in German or English and a willingness to learn a basic level in the corresponding other language are prerequisites
This position is available immediately at AUDI AG (neue Tochtergesellschaft) in Neuburg a. d. Donau. Generally all positions at Audi can be filled on a part-time basis. Applications must be submitted in electronic form via our job portal.
We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the company.