Job Type: Permanent
Contract Duration: Permanent
Purpose of Role: The Talent Business Partner is a newly created role supporting the development of a progressive employee journey for our existing and prospective colleagues across the team. McLaren Racing has an exciting change agenda for its people and culture with the ambition to create an environment where winning becomes inevitable. We want to provide a unique and enriching employee experience that is unparalleled in the industry and competitive in the broader market.
At McLaren Racing, we believe diversity will drive innovation and performance both on and off the track. This hands-on role will give the successful applicant the exciting opportunity to develop their strategic Talent Management skills and lead on a range of high-profile talent and diversity projects, developing our employer brand, talent pipeline and challenging our traditional methods of recruitment.
Creativity, a proactive can-do attitude and the ability to engage and excite are key. Based in Woking at the McLaren Technology Centre, this role will report to the Head of Employee Experience.
- Establish an inspiring employer brand for internal and external use that supports our vision ‘to deliver the most exciting and inspiring performance in racing
- Lead a range of strategic initiatives to deliver effective direct hiring capabilities and diverse talent pools, thinking creatively and challenging our traditional methods of recruitment.
- Ensure our recruitment processes are inclusive and accessible on all fronts
- Deliver a best in class candidate and onboarding experience
- Identify future talent needs in partnership with our People & Culture Business Partners and business leaders to address capability gaps and develop forward-looking workforce plans that meet current and future business needs
- Coach hiring managers and colleagues on best practices for attracting and hiring the best talent.
- Work collaboratively across the People & Culture team to develop solutions for every touchpoint in the employee journey from attracting talent, onboarding new people, developing our workforce, delivering performance, talent and succession planning and enabling career progression.
- Launch a new onboarding platform and ATS system
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Operating in a matrixed organisation within the engineering or technology sector
- Best in class candidate experience
- Designing and delivering internal and external diversity initiatives
- Scoping and delivering effective resourcing strategies, particularly direct hiring using technologies to create an enhanced user experience and quality candidates
- Designing and managing performance and talent management processes supported by educating a business
- Proactive mindset for continuous improvement and proven ability to switch between big picture and attention to detail
- Confident team player, who can also work under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate emotional resilience and intelligence in the face of competing demands and conflict
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Demonstrate creativity and be full of ideas.
These are our core values. They support our vision ‘to deliver the most exciting and inspiring performance in racing and are the things that we believe are most important in the way we live and work within the McLaren Racing family. They should directly inform how we think, how we behave, and how we perform at every level of our team.
- We never stop pushing forward
- We look for advantage in everything
- We bring creativity to challenges
- We strive for simplicity
- We bring energy to everything we do
- We connect people to the thrill of racing
- We share passion for our great sport
- We never give up
- We are respectful
- We roll up our sleeves to get the job done
- We serve the team
- We are custodians of our legacy
- We are open minded and curious
- We own failures, learn and improve
- We communicate with clarity and honesty
- We are open to challenge
- We are at our best when we’re at our bravest
- We embrace opportunity
- We take responsibility for our actions
- We believe in what we do