About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
The System SW Engineer – Embedded Linux will be a member of the System Software team responsible for delivering SW Board Support Packages on multiple components in Fisker’s advanced next generation EE architecture. This candidate will develop, bring-up, and validate Linux-based Board Support Packages in the system. The candidate will report to the EE System Software Design Manager. They will also work closely with internal and external stakeholders such as suppliers and technology partners.
- Bring-up and integrate Embedded Linux OS on multiple hardware components.
- Develop components of the Linux BSP, device drivers, and middleware.
- Develop detailed design, unit, software, and integration tests for validating the platform.
- Manage the release of software components in a continuous integration environment.
- Support the integration and validation of your software components in the vehicle.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose errors and take remedial actions to fix the errors.
- Continuously enhance your software components to improve performance, memory utilization, etc.
- Support internal and external stakeholders in the development of software and applications utilizing your software components.
- Serve as the technical expert on Embedded Linux OS for all stakeholder teams.
- Keep up to date with the latest advancements in Embedded Linux for Automotive.
- Lead your team in innovating and ideating to deliver new designs and features.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- 3+ years of hands-on system software design and development experience on Embedded Linux OS in a fast-paced organization.
- Deep expertise in Embedded Linux.
- Deep understanding of virtual machines and containers.
- Hands-on working experience in bringing up and integrating Linux BSPs on embedded SoCs and microcontrollers.
- Hands-on OS-level embedded software development experience in Linux.
- Good understanding of embedded system software and operating system architectures.
- Exceptional attention to detail and precision.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with operating in a fast-paced, startup environment.
Preferred Attributes/ Competencies
- Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- Good experience working with real-time patches for Linux.
- Good understanding of automotive EE hardware architectures and integration processes.
- Strong familiarity with emerging connected, software-defined vehicle technologies.
- Prior experience designing and delivering Linux-based system software components in the Automotive EE space such as Infotainment, Connectivity, or ADAS/Autonomous Driving.
- Good understanding of automotive safety system design and safety levels.
- Strong understanding of ISO26262 and relevant automotive safety and cybersecurity standards.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically, as well as internationally, as required
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.