Senior Technician – Engineering Workshop
Salary – competitive + team benefits
The Drive team is responsible for planning, costing, developing, and delivering all driving experiences and track events at Silverstone. Our hardworking and talented workshop team prepares and maintains our fleet of supercars and vehicles at the circuit.
We are a multi-functional, highly-skilled team who pride ourselves on developing thrilling bucket-list level products and extraordinary customer experience, and we know how to have fun too! We work with the best track instructors in the business with a fleet of over 50 cars including bucket list worthy supercars from Ferrari, Aston Martin, and McLaren, adrenaline-pumping sports cars from Caterham and BMW, to our ultimate race cars the Formula Single Seaters, and not forgetting our fleet of onsite vehicles.
We are expanding the team and require a Senior Technician who wants to work with a great team and in an exciting industry. The successful candidate will be equipped with a level 3 qualification in Motor Vehicle Engineering.
To be a proactive and influential member of the workshop team in a fast paced workshop environment which works to tight deadlines in order to provide a well maintained fleet of Ferraris, New Aston Martin Vantages, McLaren 620r’s/570gt4’s & Single seaters, capable of delivering the Silverstone range of driving products in accordance to schedules provided
- To maintain vehicles in accordance to maintenance schedules and plans.
- To prepare vehicles to agreed technical and presentational standards, as well as contribute to financial aims and budgetary targets.
- Be responsible for vehicle bay related activity in accordance to Company housekeeping standards and Health and Safety at Work standards.
- To professionally and conscientiously work as part of the team to contribute to departmental aims.
Duties will be to conduct vehicle inspections, fault diagnosis, mechanical repair and customer interaction.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Workshop Manager and/or Lead Technician from time to time.
- Customer Service
- Willing to go that ‘extra mile’ to delight the customer
- Is clear and articulate in oral and written communication
- Team Working
- Provides support for others
- Drive for Results
- Has energy and is self-motivated
- Performance will be monitored against the following:
- Objectives set through the Personal Development Review (PDR) process
- Ownership and completion of agreed business priorities in a timely manner
- Customers and visitors, Chief Instructor, Workshop Manager, Lead Technician, Technicians, third party suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- NVQ Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Prestige or Sports cars experience
- Clean UK driving licence
- Flexible approach
- Dedicated and ambitious
- Good team working
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Welding and fabrication experience (desirable)