We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our Research & Development team. Reporting to the Head of R&D you will work on a broad range of projects across suspension, chassis structures, engine systems. This key role offers the opportunity to steer future concepts and develop them into working systems on track. Expansion within the team also presents the opportunity to develop new rigs and facilities to bring further performance to the car.
Key Skills :
- A solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and the ability to apply them to a range of scenarios
- The ability to breakdown complex problems into simple and repeatable tests
- Good knowledge of transducers, data logging and practical measurement
- Be capable of analysing data and identifying relevant results
- Reporting key findings both verbally and through concise written communication
- The ability to innovate and design rig layouts for new and developing concepts
Racing Point is a growing and highly ambitious team which provides opportunity and responsibility within a tight knit and cooperative group. We offer the chance for you to demonstrate your abilities and further your career in rewarding but highly competitive environment.
All applicants must:
- Have a good quality degree in Mechanical, Automotive or Motorsport Engineering
- Have previous relevant experience working in Formula 1 or other high level motorsport chassis or engine development
- Be highly self -motivated, thrive in a challenging environment and have a flexible approach to working hours
- Have experience of a modern 3D CAD system and be capable of producing models and finished component drawings