United Autosports are looking to add talented and experienced individuals to their expanding race programmes. United Autosports are one of the fastest growing motorsport businesses in the UK and are the current World Endurance Champions and winners of the Le Mans 24 Hours in LMP2. In 2020 United Autosports also won the European Le Mans Series in both LMP2 & LMP3 classes. We are looking for ambitious and motivated team players who can make a substantial impact across all aspects of our team.
To be responsible for the technical operation of one of company’s LMP race cars at all events.
- Car Operations
- Ensure the car is operated safely and reliably at all times.
- Take responsibility for the legality of the car ensuring compliance with all the relevant technical and sporting rules.
- Be the primary interface between the team and the driver crew
- Ensure clear levels of communication are maintained at all times, including written reports and in session radio communication.
- Lead the engineering crew for a particular car to extract the maximum performance from the set-up and drivers at each event.
- Work collaboratively with the wider engineering team to contribute to the overall team performance.
- Create documentation to ensure the sessions are organised for mechanics and drivers
- Produce timely reports for the team and drivers pre and post events.
- Race Engineering Department
- Provide guidance and mentoring to race engineering department staff
- Work within the team to collectively develop the engineering capability and knowledge of the team.
- Company Reputation
- Ensure the company’s reputation is maintained at the highest level at all times.
- Identify any issues that may harm the company’s reputation and harness the resources of the team to address the issues immediately.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- High level driver management skills with a confidence inspiring communicative approach.
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks but also able to adapt during dynamically changing conditions and circumstances on and off the track
- Understanding of race car vehicle dynamics from both a theoretical and practical approach.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills through both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Strong understanding of race car data acquisition systems; ideally Marelli and Cosworth systems
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards, with minimal supervision and a good attention to detail.
- Solid computer knowledge, proficient in MS Office.
- Computer Programming language skills an advantage.
- Good English written and oral communication skills.
- A degree in Aerodynamic/Automotive/Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in high level motorsport environment, e.g. F1, WEC, ELMS, DTM or FE.
- The role will require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com