After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin is back on the grid for 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team has almost 500 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer’s attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team’s philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It’s a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer’s spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin’s glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
We are looking for a talented and versatile engineer to join our team to help us develop new technologies and integrate them into raceable solutions. We require an experienced Senior Development Engineer to help us further the performance and mechanical development of our race cars.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and the ability to apply them to a range of scenarios
- Be able to plan and progress multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent knowledge of sensors and data logging
- The ability to process data and thoroughly analyse it
- Communication of key findings both verbally and through concise written reports
- A strong desire to develop new and innovative solutions which can add performance to our race cars
All applicants must:
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and delegate effectively when appropriate
- Have experience of a modern 3D CAD system
All applicants should:
- Have a minimum of 8 years relevant experience working in R&D in motorsport, aerospace or other high tech industry
- Have experience in designing test rigs/dynos or overseeing the installation of such facilities
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued.