Sales Operations Manager – UK, Asia & Oceania
Radical is the world’s largest constructor and manufacturer of open cockpit two-seater race cars, and is currently going through an exciting growth period. As part of this the company is seeking someone to join the team and play an integral part in its future growth.
To be Radical you have to offer something innovative and unique, values which have been at the core of the Company’s philosophy since its inception in 1997. From the very beginning the approach has been to create a whole new niche in the world of motorsport, to which Nothing Compares.
Radical are now one of the largest producers of racing and track cars in the world selling over 2,500 cars globally in the past two decades. To sell that many racing cars the package has to be thrilling, dramatic and huge fun to drive.
But the Radical philosophy extends much wider than just high-performance race cars. A championship portfolio at some of the best circuits in the world provides thrilling and highly competitive racing for all customers.
Radical sells its product range to High Net Worth Individuals through an independent network of dealers. Radical’s current 30-strong Sales and Aftersales Network spans from Nevada to Sydney via Continental Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Due to continued expansion of its Global Sales and Aftersales network, Radical is seeking an experienced Sales Operations Manager to join the UK-based Group Sales team.
The successful applicant will work as part of a small team with responsibility for assisting and expanding Radical’s current markets as well as identifying new ones.
You will manage the dealer network throughout UK, Asia & Oceania, assisting them to meet their annual targets through the creation and regular review of tailored business and marketing plans, structuring local pricing and specification around changing regional competition and emerging business opportunities.
Through the formation of these relationships you will maximise sales of cars and parts, technical resources and grid entries in Radical’s racing championships.
It will also be the Sales Operations Manager’s responsibility to identify and recruit new dealer partners for geographical areas not currently represented - managing their appointment, training and on-boarding.
The role will require the Sales Operations Manager to undertake travel throughout the UK, Asia & Oceania along with some weekend and out-of-hours work.
Skills and Expertise
To be considered for position you will have:
- Experience of working in a Senior Sales roles in a low volume road car manufacturer or within the motorsport industry, ideally from an OEM
- Experience of working with and managing a group of automotive dealers across a region or indeed globally
- Experience of direct sales
- Experience/understanding of the motorsport industry and personnel
- Customer-facing, sales-orientated personality with ability to act as brand ambassador
- Experience of marketing and brand promotion
- Commercially-focused; demonstrable experience of actively seeking opportunities for growth or efficiencies in all aspects of the business
- A strong track record of managing a range of personalities and skill levels – Radical’s dealer partners have a range of business models and objectives
- Sensitivity to the diversified cultures and business practices
- Fluency in international languages an advantage
- Professional qualification in business management or strategy
Compensation & Benefits
- Basic salary – £50,000 to £60,000
- Bonus – Discretionary bonus of up to 15% linked to performance
- Pension – matched contributions up to 4%
- Annual Leave – 20 days + 8 bank holidays