Tolman Engineering are an ever-growing automotive engineering company based in rural Warwickshire. We specialise in vehicle restoration, fabrication, design and race support.
Tolman Engineering has enjoyed continual growth and success since its inception in 2010. With increasing demand for high quality restoration, we are now recruiting for a full-time experienced restoration technician and fabricator.
The successful candidate’s job role will include both restoration work on a range of client cars from 1950’s to 1990’s, and welding and fabrication work related and non-related to restoration.
The role includes:
- Strip down of project car, assessment, and creation of job lists.
- Identification of areas needing special attention.
- Rebuild of sub-assemblies including suspension, gearbox/transmission, body and electrical systems.
- Car build and finish to concours standard.
- Fabrication and welding with TIG and MIG, and steel, stainless, aluminium to show standard.
- Fabrication and welding of one-off parts and in-house design led short production run parts.
- Travelling to some historic race events in the UK and Europe.
The applicant will be:
- Experienced in restoration of classic and modern-classic cars.
- Experienced in sheet metal fabrication, MIG and TIG.
- Able to work to the highest standards with acute attention to detail.
- Proactive, forward thinking, flexible, efficient, and dynamic in their work ethic with a “can do” attitude.
- Able to work un-supervised to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to self-scrutinise their own work to ensure it meets the standards of excellence expected by our customers.
- A good communicator both internally and with suppliers and clients.
- Experience of engine building is preferred but not essential.
The applicant should hold a full UK driving licence.
In return Tolman Engineering offers a competitive salary, holiday entitlement and an enthusiastic work environment as well as usual trade benefits.
Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the UK.
To apply please include your CV and covering letter.