MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is unique – on and off the track. We don’t follow the status quo and we’ve made a name for ourselves as the team who does things differently. You might’ve seen us on Netflix, heard of our passionate Team Principal Guenther Steiner, or know that we’re the only American-owned team on the Formula 1 grid, but we’re also more than that.
We have three HQs – Kannapolis in the US, Banbury in the UK and Maranello in Italy – each staffed by passionate, loyal and hardworking advocates. At Haas, you’ll be involved in many different areas of the team, an assortment of projects and plenty of hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the world.
Yes, you’ll learn from us, but we expect to learn from you too!
This position reports to the R&D Team Leader or their designee when factory based and Chief Mechanic when traveling with the race team; is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for component testing for performance, reliability and proof testing including all aspects of non-destructive testing of the team’s race car and pit equipment. You will perform the NDT and service process in a methodical manner whilst adhering to strict deadlines. An understanding of component tracking, report writing, and technical drawings is essential.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Collaborate and work cohesively with R&D Lead Team Leader, reporting any issues and finding solutions in a timely manner.
- Complete and develop non-destructive test processes for on car and off car components.
- Ensure the NDT equipment is suitable and fit for purpose.
- Complete test procedures for service and proof testing of on car and off car components.
- Operate R&D test equipment, loggers and sensors.
- Operate and develop load frame test equipment and procedures.
- Document and publish reports on test results and fault finding.
- Work with the R&D Team Leader to implement research and development tests as required.
- Have a good mechanical understanding of the design of jigs, fixtures and tooling ensuring fit for purpose use.
- Have a good understanding of race car mechanical systems allowing input into fault and performance issues found.
- You will be responsible for the cleanliness and condition of your work department and all tools and equipment.
- Follow engineering procedures and protocols as dictated by Engineering.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Other duties as assigned by the R&D Team Leader or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including Trade
School, Apprenticeship or University Degree desired. Five years of work experience within a professional motorsport’s environment and experience of Non-destructive testing preferably with professional qualifications for Penetrant and Ultrasonic Testing methods. An understanding of component tracking, report writing, and technical drawings is essential. Previous experience gained in a similar role within the field of Formula 1 or high-level motorsports will be preferred however consideration will be given to a candidate who can demonstrate a sound record of service within the industry.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- NDT with experience in UT and Penetrant inspection. Eddy current testing is also an advantage, but training can be provided for the right candidate.
- Experience in inspecting carbon composites, understanding manufacturing processes.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- An ability to read and interpret technical drawings and information pertaining to assembly, periodic updates and modifications.
- A comprehensive mechanical understanding gained in a high-level motorsport environment.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- You should be comfortable discussing engineering solutions and requirements and demonstrate good computer skills.
- MTS Controller knowledge and Servo Test Controller knowledge would be advantageous.
- Work to a consistently high standard in stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Quick decision-making skills whilst working through problems in a scientific and analytical way.
- Work well within a team environment with personnel at all levels.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials and facility maintenance requirements.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require some international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
At MoneyGram Haas F1 Team, we consider our employees our greatest asset. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive and grow. We value diversity and encourage our employees to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to the conversation. Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion are fundamental to who we are as a company and a collective of colleagues. Our commitment to these ethics is steadfast and this promise travels with us wherever we are in the world.
We look after our team with multiple rewards packages, competitive bonuses and year-round health and wellbeing programs, providing you with the tools to motivate and perform at your best.
If you’re passionate about competition, technology and teamwork, then working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team could be the perfect fit for you. Motorsport is a dynamic and exciting industry that offers a wide range of opportunities for those who are willing to put in the hard work and dedication required to succeed. Working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is a highly rewarding experience, as you become a crucial member of a team that is constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Join our team and make your passion your profession.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of MoneyGram Haas F1 Team are required to be security cleared to National Security Vetting standards. If successful in your application, we would support you with the NSV process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Security/Vetting/National-security-vetting/
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.