Rally/Rallycross Technician – Full Time Milton, Vermont, USA-based opportunity
This position supports the build, maintenance, development, set-up, re-prep, cleaning and on-event service of top-level performance Rally and Rallycross cars. In addition, the Rally / Rallycross Technician assists with the building of spare parts and stocking of the service trucks as required. This individual must also be willing and able to travel to domestic and international locations for up to two weeks at a time.
- Work closely with Lead Rally Technicians, Senior Technician, Team Manager, Engineers, Fabricators, various specialists and other team members to build, develop and maintain championship winning Rally cars.
- Assist the Lead Rally Technician on your team with the initial build, re-prep, ongoing repair & maintenance and tuning of top-level performance Rally cars in the workshop, at off-site tests and at various rally events as needed.
- Assist the Lead Rally Technician on your team with identifying, troubleshooting and repair of assigned systems/components of competition vehicles.
- Perform duties in accordance of assigned position on Rally and/or RallyX car(s) during events as well as general event set-up and tear-down.
- Perform all duties and tasks in a responsible manner that best represents Vermont SportsCar, the sport of rallying and our sponsors.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, often-changing motorsports environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.) or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to safely set up and/or operate hand and machine tools in challenging environments.
- Reliability and punctuality are strongly desired for the success of this role.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required. A certificate of completion or diploma from a recognized Technical or Trade School specializing in automotive or racecar repair is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience as a Rally or Rallycross Technician for a performance rally team in a recognized championship series is preferred.
- An understanding of the theory of operation of performance-based AWD system components including turbo-charged engines, drive train components, competition suspension, fuel systems and brake systems is required.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment as well as a thorough understanding of metric measurements.
- While performing the duties of this position, individuals may frequently be required to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; regularly required to talk and hear.
- The individual must also be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus as required.