Our Race Tire Engineers are responsible for the design, development and maintenance of more than 1400 tire specifications.
Each Tire Engineer drives continuous product improvements on assigned product lines. Product success may be judged by ultimate lap time performance or may be value driven. Our work environment is fast paced and demands that one effectively manage several projects simultaneously.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Develop circuit/vehicle specific products according to customer and/or sales team requirements
- Develop winning tire designs selecting from an extensive arsenal of available construction methods, materials and compounds for both bias and radial race tires
- Use opportunities to develop new materials and expand the design know how
- Work with Production Process Engineers to ensure efficient high-quality manufacturing with high yield
- Attend race events, offer technical assistance to race teams
Why You Should Apply
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 0-2 years of Motorsport Engineering or Product Development
- Technical Knowledge: capable of demonstrating depth knowledge and skill in a technical area
- Problem Solving: capable of detecting, recognizing a problem and its nature, capable of identifying possible solutions, on demand via a "structured problem solving"
- Research and Development: Capable of demonstrating commonly used concepts, practices and procedures
- Analysis/Synthesis: capable of noticing discrepancies, inconsistencies and trends in available information
- Project Management: Capable of demonstrating and understanding of fundamental Project or Relationship Management Principles
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Mechanical Engineering degree with motorsports concentration
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.