We are looking for an experienced No.1-level technician to join our enthusiastic, well-motivated and rapidly expanding workshop team based in Redhill, Surrey. The successful candidate should demonstrate that they can ‘hit the ground running’, have the necessary prerequisite of experience and the desire to be long-term part of the team.
We have a very busy, modern, well-equipped workshop which specialises in Caterham servicing, upgrades, repairs and geometry setups for road, track or race.
Although the workshop is at the core of our business generating a healthy revenue stream, we have a very successful Caterham race team running a large squad of drivers in the official Caterham Motorsport championships.
Competition success is important for us and DPR have won a total of 11 team supported championships. On top of this our privateers have won another 28 championships whilst making use of our workshop preparation and services.
Technician role essential prerequisites:
- Demonstrate significant past experience (at least 4 years) as a qualified vehicle technician preferably having worked in the performance sports-car or Motorsport sector
- Have an extensive, organised tool kit and the willingness to expand it quickly if required
- Be willing to learn new processes and skills
- Be able to follow instructions and service check sheets precisely, make lists and prioritise logically
- Be able to communicate well with customers, suppliers and staff
- Be able to attend all race weekends, and test days sometimes on short notice if required
- Be well presented, well organised and have a can-do attitude
- Have exceptional attention to detail and desire to place quality first
- Have exceptional diagnostic experience and a thorough understanding of electrical systems
- Be willing to work extra hours if needed, at times of high workload
- Being a team player and an advocate for the company is a must
- IT competency with Microsoft Office
- Be willing to improve on product knowledge
Technician role desirable prerequisites:
- Have previous Caterham specific experience and knowledge
- Have experience with welding, machining and general fabrication
- Driver license with B+E (car and trailer)
- Have previous experience with race car geometry setups
- Have previous experience with engine upgrades and repairs
- Have an engineering level qualification
- Have knowledge of data logging software from Racelogic
- Workshop managerial experience would be advantageous
- A competitive salary based on experience, which is subject to continuous review and feedback
- Yearly bonus available based on KPI targets being met
- Working in a performance driven environment, whereby a quality approach is key
- For a non-local applicant who would consider relocation, we have accommodation which can be provided as part of the overall employment package
- For the right candidate progression towards a managerial position is possible
UK-based applicants only please.