With over 30 years of history and an unmatched track record in rally and rallycross, Vermont SportsCar is the premier rally car prep shop and race team management facility in North America. We run championship caliber teams for manufacturers, partner with drivers and negotiate and sustain relationships with corporate sponsors.
Our quality craftsmanship means we engineer adrenaline, craft excitement and create a community for motorsports enthusiasts. Our team management ensures we have the best drivers and the most podium finishes – while always remaining true to the heart of the sport: the fans.
Vermont SportsCar is committed to victory. We win by treating our employees well, respecting them, and taking care of them. Working at VSC is more than just a job - it is being part of a team, working together to give back and share our successes and our passion for the sport with our teammates, our industry, and the community around us.
We are seeking a talented, motivated Race Engineer to join our winning team and become part of the motorsport family.
The Race Engineer is responsible for technical preparations and execution during testing and racing. The Race Engineer works with the lead race engineer and lead technicians at the workshop, on test days and at race events targeting performance and reliability.
- Assist the lead race engineer and technicians with preparation of the car in the workshop including re-prep and car setup
- Complete shakedown and commissioning prior to event
- Engage with the drivers to optimize the car for each particular race
- Interact with scrutineers, race officials and other teams in a professional manner
- Record outing data. Prepare event summary technical report.
- Monitor car, truck and workshop parts stock and request restock as required
- Comply with health, safety (including OSHA), and environmental procedures, and ensure the cleanliness of the work area.
- Other duties as needed to support VSC's various racing programs.
Education and Experience:
- BS or greater in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar is preferred
- At least 1 year of trackside race experience with professional race team is preferred, but we're willing to training the right candidate based on interest and attitude.
- Electric vehicle experience is a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work comfortably in a fast-paced, often-changing environment including excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Proven ability to be a team player with high integrity is a must.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.) or related software.
- Proven ability to safely set up and/or operate hand and machine tools in challenging environments.
- Reliability and punctuality are strongly desired for the success of this role.
- While performing the duties of this position, individuals may frequently be required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; regularly required to talk and hear.
- The individual must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus as required.
At Vermont SportsCar, we take care of our employees. Our generous benefit offerings include:
- Health insurance with company-funded HSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellness allowance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Free branded apparel
- In-house barista, healthy snacks, regular catered lunches, and other treats to keep you fueled throughout the day
Our modern facility is in the beautiful northern part of the state, just outside of Burlington, Vermont. Continuously voted one of the best places to live in the country, Burlington and Vermont are home to hard-working, hard-playing people who appreciate the outdoors and all the state has to offer.
Working at Vermont SportsCar is a rewarding experience, and we hope you consider joining our team. Apply today - we look forward to hearing from you!