Aero Tec Laboratories Limited craft flexible fuel tanks for many industries, including motorsport, automotive, marine, defence, aviation and aerospace! We are the leading manufacturer in our field and are the exclusive supplier to all Formula One teams.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hands on individuals who are looking to progress in a growing company. You might have a hobby such as baking, model making, welding, jewellery making, woodworking, mechanic, car/bike repairs or just enjoy hands on DIY!
We are looking for the right candidate to join our team, who should encompass our core values: Amiable, Effective, Respectful, Optimistic and Trustworthy (AERO T). Our values influence our culture and we are a close-knit team who support each other to get the job done.
You may not have experience in this industry, but we do request individuals to be able to demonstrate dexterity and attention to detail, be that in a hobby, education or work. You will be fully trained in this role and define your own progression within the business depending on how motivated, committed and driven you are. There is lots of room for progression within the Production department as your cell building skills improve.
See below a more detailed job description for this role.
- Liaise with the Production Manager to develop their skills in fuel cell manufacturing with the aim to consistently produce work un-aided and to schedule on all types of fuel cells;
- Liaise with the Production Manager to maintain their schedule and inform them of any imminent job requirements.
- To aid the Production Manager by completing general duties, whilst gaining on-the-job training in fuel cell manufacturing processes;
- After receiving fuel cell manufacturing training, the technician will be responsible for manufacturing basic fuel cells to the required quality and timeframe levels;
- Required to have learnt a strong foundation of fuel cell manufacturing with increasing quality and efficiency levels, requiring decreasing levels of supervision and assistance to keep up with their schedule;
- Have decreasing levels of non-conformances throughout the fuel cell manufacturing procedure for basic and medium difficulty level cells;
- Required to build basic to medium difficulty level fuel cells with all material types, with some progression onto higher difficulty level cells;
- Required to display good time management skills, keeping tasks progressing effectively and regularly hitting scheduled targets.
Other jobs within your capabilities may be requested by Senior Management from time-to-time including any other role that you possess experience in that the Company may require you to fulfil.
Responsibilities & Competences
- Full training provided;
- Ability to commit to a fair and demonstrated work schedule;
- Ability to follow instructions;
- Attention to detail;
- Relevant hands on experience (work experience or recreational).
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme - finishing bonus paid for all jobs completed on time once passed probation period
- Company Pension Scheme
- 28 days’ annual leave (incl. bank holidays) increasing to 36 days with service
- Holiday purchase scheme option
- Company sickness pay
- 40 hours per week including paid tea breaks
- PPE / Uniform provided
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Central location
- Good transport links
Applicants must have a right to work in the UK prior to application.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made during the application process, please get in contact with us either via email or telephone.