The role of Production Administrator is to convert an engineering BOM (product spec) and sales order (customer demand) into works/production orders (production build requirements); all within the businesses MRP/ERP system, SAP business one.
The individual will be responsible for creating all Works/Production orders within SAP, and creating job cards detailing build requirements (if required). The production administrator will also be caretaker for current open orders in production, staying on top of moving requirements to meet our customers demand. The role will work closely with Operations planning to raise works/production orders inline with the Operations plan, and Operations execution to stay on top of expected completion dates of works/production orders and amending as required.
This individual requires a very practical approach and the successful candidate will need to have a high level of talent and commitment in a very dynamic environment.
- Maintain the internal SAP system to ensure that the content within is a true reflection of production requirements and progress. This will be focused primarily on the works/production order bank.
- Maintain the MRP (manufacturing resource planning) process and/or manually create and release required works/production orders in a timely manner.
- Work with Ops planning to create “work to” lists for production areas.
- Create/release job cards (if required).
- Work with Ops execution to amend works/production orders as required to reflect changing demand, and current production status/progress.
- Keep the works/production order bank up to date and tidy (assisting with the closure of completed orders)
- Publish, maintain and coordinate Departmental Performance Metrics for all areas.
- Support other areas of the business that interact with production from time to time. For example; Engineering, material control activities, procurement, shipping etc. Providing cover where required.
Specific Skills & Experience
- Experience of data management within an MRP/ERP system (preferably experience using SAP).
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with a desire to complete work to the highest quality.
- Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Outlook etc).
- Able to look at data / reports and take actions accordingly (i.e. chase late works/production orders, change dates to reflect current progress).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to confidently communicate with different levels and functions within the business are essential.
- Can-do attitude, willing to help where required to progress work through the business.
- Experience of working in a company that manufacture bespoke mechanical engineering projects/products.
- Understanding/experience of production planning.
- Experience in the automotive/motorsport industry.