As Product Manager Motorized Sports at our International Headquarters in Haarlem, you play a key role in the current and future success of motorized events across the globe, like IndyCar, NASCAR and MotoGP. You take ownership of the technology being used for race timing, results and race control. Enhancing the event experience and safety with the best possible technical solutions is your goal!
Being Product Manager Motorized Sports of MYLAPS means that you are part of passionate team in Product Management and together with your counterpart at Active Sports you report directly to the Director Product & Brand.
Our current colleague is leaving the company to pursue other adventures. That leaves us with the challenge to find the perfect replacement. Is that you?
Of course, we want to maintain our number 1 position in the global market, so when this role is yours you know there is a lot at stake:
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You have a key role in product development, the life cycle and proposition of our motorized portfolio
- You translate the company strategy to the motorized product portfolio with a long-term product vision based on business cases
- You manage the product life cycle, fact based with high level analysis on product success, growth potential and failure
- You manage new developments, initiate new products concepts and take overall responsibility for realization from idea to implementation
- You work closely with all stakeholders; Customers, Development, our Innovation team, Sales, Technical Support and company management. You do this together with multiple product owners who are also part of the product management team
Competences to be successful in this position:
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline is a must
- Fluent English, Dutch is a preference
- At least 5-8 years of working experience as product manager in a technical field is a must
- Your passion for Motorized Sports; its a must-have
- You need to have a strong personality with excellent communication and negotiation skills. In this position you need to be firm: not afraid to do what it takes to get the job done and still maintain excellent relationships
- You need to be a conceptual thinker who is pragmatic and result driven. You need to be able to translate your strategic views in a hands-on manner: don’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get the work done.
- This position requires frequent travelling. Frequency is approximately once a quarter, combined with flexibility in the weekends (racing events often take place in the weekends)
- This position also requires a non-9 to 5 mentality due to its global scope.
- It will be great if you also have Agile/Scrum experience
What do we offer:
- A unique opportunity in the motorized sports world as we are the global market leader in sports timing
- A position at strategic level of a multi-national in a niche market
- Excellent labour conditions including a good pension plan
How to apply:
If you think this job is yours, we would like to meet you so please hit the apply button and include your letter of motivation and your resume.
We develop, manufacture and deliver worldwide the industry’s favorite timing systems. With our sport timing solutions we support athletes, racers and events in creating their ultimate sports experience. Every year we capture the performance of over 20 million people all over the world. And turn their data into insights, progress and fun. We offer them a better understanding of their performance and help them with their best next steps. Founded in 1982, we have revolutionized the world of sports timing with groundbreaking innovations and set the standard ever since. Our products and platforms are used for sports events, from professional events (24 Hours of Le Mans, Boston Marathon, Giro d’Italia, IRONMAN Triathlon, NASCAR, Olympics and many more) to countless amateur level events around the corner.