About the Position
Goodyear, the recognized leader in high performance race tire technology, is looking for candidates to become part of our Global Race Tire development team working in support of NASCAR, NHRA, SCCA, and sprint car competitions among others.
The Global Compound Development Group seeks a highly motivated and hands-on associate to identify and develop new material technologies that address current and future business needs from our Global Race Tires organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for motorsports and high-performance application development. The associate will be responsible for translating product performance requirements such as traction, handling, and durability into chemical and physical property requirements of materials, and then developing tire compounds which demonstrate performance in race tire applications. The successful candidate will be high energy and naturally inquisitive.
- Improves and enhances tire compounds for optimal performance while considering cost and environment
- Understands and can teach available technologies and can apply when designing laboratory studies to evaluate material technologies, and interpreting the results based on the underlying chemistry and physics of the materials being studied
- Drives new product concepts as well as provide guidance during plant trials
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate technical ideas across many functions. Effective communication and collaboration with design teams, Recognizes and identifies problems. Improves and enhances problem solving strategies.
- Recognizes and identifies problems. Improves and enhances problem solving strategies. Improves upon defined strategies to achieve a higher level of performance objective
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering, Chemistry or Materials required
- Master, or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Materials desired
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in elastomeric formulation for dynamic applications is preferred
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in understanding structure/property relationships in materials is preferred
- 2 to 4 years tire plant experience in mixing/component preparation and with tire production processes are an asset
- Domestic and international travel (including weekends for on-track support) is frequently required
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with polymers, fillers, and/or reinforced composites is required
- Proficiency in the statistical design and analysis of experimental data is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams will be required
- Exceptional communication and technical documentation skills will be required
- Open minded, optimistic, and collaborative with a strong sense of urgency
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.