MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is unique – on and off the track. We don’t follow the status quo and we’ve made a name for ourselves as the team who does things differently. You might’ve seen us on Netflix, heard of our passionate Team Principal Guenther Steiner, or know that we’re the only American-owned team on the Formula 1 grid, but we’re also more than that.
We have three HQs – Kannapolis in the US, Banbury in the UK and Maranello in Italy – each staffed by passionate, loyal and hardworking advocates. At Haas, you’ll be involved in many different areas of the team, an assortment of projects and plenty of hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the world.
Yes, you’ll learn from us, but we expect to learn from you too!
This position reports to the Director of Engineering or their designee; is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for all performance and data analysis aspects of the car’s operation at race and test events, including but not limited to car performance optimisation through simulation, telemetry data analysis, and ensuring that a car is set-up to the required specification.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Support the Race Engineer in all performance and data analysis aspects of the car operation.
- Work with the Driver Coach to identify balance limitations and suggest setup directions to improve it.
- Perform lap time simulation work for pre-event preparation, analysis during events and post event correlation / analysis.
- Suggest setup changes and options based on simulation and/or track data analysis.
- Manage set-up sheets / files for both car build and simulation purposes.
- Monitor telemetry data from both reliability and performance point of view.
- Run simulator sessions in Italy when required.
- Develop necessary data analysis tool to aid the analysis (Matlab/ Simulink/ Excel VBA etc).
- Manage overlays for driver during/ post session.
- Suggest development directions based on the data analysis.
- Evaluate, analyse and summarise technical data, simulation data, geometry info, tyre information, 7 post data, wind tunnel data, etc.
- Perform research and development functions as required.
- Publish post-event performance report.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Director of Engineering or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
- Engineering degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a trackside engineer, preferably in Formula-1, either as a Race or Performance Engineer
- Experience in other Formulas would be beneficial
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong technical background in racing car performance/ vehicle dynamics
- Strong technical background in car/ system design/ operation/ build/ preparation
- Work to a consistently high standard in stressful and time sensitive situations
- Able to prioritise the workload and able to manage your time efficiently
- Work well in a team environment with personnel at all levels
Equipment and Applications:
- Excellent knowledge of ATLAS
- Experience of MATLAB
- Good understanding of lap time simulation tools and simulator environments
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role will require extensive international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
At MoneyGram Haas F1 Team, we consider our employees our greatest asset. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive and grow. We value diversity and encourage our employees to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to the conversation. Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion are fundamental to who we are as a company and a collective of colleagues. Our commitment to these ethics is steadfast and this promise travels with us wherever we are in the world.
We look after our team with multiple rewards packages, competitive bonuses and year-round health and wellbeing programs, providing you with the tools to motivate and perform at your best.
If you’re passionate about competition, technology and teamwork, then working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team could be the perfect fit for you. Motorsport is a dynamic and exciting industry that offers a wide range of opportunities for those who are willing to put in the hard work and dedication required to succeed. Working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is a highly rewarding experience, as you become a crucial member of a team that is constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Join our team and make your passion your profession.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of MoneyGram Haas F1 Team are required to be security cleared to National Security Vetting standards. If successful in your application, we would support you with the NSV process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Security/Vetting/National-security-vetting/
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.