GB3 & GB4 Parts Assistant
Location: Bedford + 10 UK & European race meetings
GB3 / 4, The UK’s leading single seater championship. Are seeking a Full Time Parts Assistant to join the team at Bedford Autodrome.
This is a fantastic opportunity to familiarise and start your career within a race paddock environment. You’ll be working weekdays at our Bedford Autodrome / PalmerSport facility assisting with the ordering and organisation of parts for our PalmerSport fleet. Then working race weekends for the GB3/4 championship travelling to race events to assist with the stores truck operations.
Job duties will involve:
- Working as part of the stores team to keep the warehouse stocked with components for PalmerSport and the GB3 & GB4 championships
- Pick and pack orders ready for upcoming race weekends and events
- Assisting with the ordering of specific components for GB3 & GB4 cars working with a large number of suppliers
- Liaising with race teams providing them with required additional parts throughout a race weekend
- To work within strict timeframes to ensure all teams requirements are fulfilled
- Keeping the stores at Bedford a clean and safe environment to work for all members of staff
- Logging deliveries / stock levels on a stock management system
- Work with the workshop team to accurately pick and compile parts quickly and efficiently
To apply for the role you must meet the below criteria:
- Knowledge of car components (ideally single seaters)
- Willingness to attend and work throughout race weekends
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Full UK Driving licence is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft systems
This season GB3 will travel to both Spa Francorchamps (2nd – 4th June) and Zandvoort (13th – 15th October) in two exciting European race weekends. This does however mean that you will require a UK passport to apply for this role.
Core working hours are 8.30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday + race weekends but hours are ultimately driven by business needs. The list of required race weekends can be found here, however flexibility will be required on weekend availability through the whole of the race season (typically March to October).
In addition to supporting the race series on 8 to 10 weekends per year, our PalmerSport driving event takes place at the Bedford Autodrome complex therefore part of your time will be allocated to supporting the PalmerSport workshop team with parts supply.
For further information on the activities directly linked to the role see www.gb-3.net & www.gb-4.net & www.palmersport.com
To apply for this Part Time Parts Assistant role, please click the apply button and attach a copy of your CV and covering letter.