No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
Purpose of Role
The role will work as part of a small, multi-functional team split across a 2-shift operation on a 1-week rotation, reporting to a Paint Team Leader.
- Understand and follow detailed work instructions relating to the painting of vehicles
- Ensure that all station operations on each vehicle are completed to the required quality standard
- Ensure that all operations are completed to the required timescale
- Work as part of a team on the definition and solution of problems that may be affecting the quality, cost productivity of the vehicles being produced
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as requested
- Understand and adhere to the McLaren Values and help grow the Automotive Brand.
- As a Paint sprayer you will be responsible for Preparing your paint spraying equipment ready for daily use.
- As a paint sprayer you will be responsible for Mixing paints to the right colour and consistency as per the mixing matrix.
- As a paint sprayer you will be responsible for ensure you apply the correct film build to the car, including primers, colours and effect coats as per the application matrix.
- As a paint sprayer you will be responsible for maintaining and cleaning equipment.
- As a paint sprayer you will be supporting the paint kitchen with Storing paints in the correct conditions.
- As a paint sprayer you will be supplied all PPE required including spray guns and air feed masks, you will be accountable for the maintenance of such items.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within an automotive environment would be an advantage.
- Prior experience of working as part of a team is desirable
- Prior experience of working to timescales would be advantageous
- Quality focused with meticulous attention to detail would be an advantage.
- Ability to follow processes set in place would be desirable.
- Experience in Preparing paint spraying equipment is desirable
- Experience in Mixing paints to the right colour and consistency is an advantage
- Experience in Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colours would be an advantage.
- Experience in Maintaining and cleaning equipment is desirable
- Experience Storing paints in the correct conditions is desirable
- An excellent team player who both supports and challenges where appropriate in a constructive manner.
- Is a passionate advocate of the McLaren brand
- Resilient and confident.
- Thrives in a fast-paced high-pressured environment.
- Results focused and actively seeks to measure their performance and impact on the business.
- The candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated