For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists, Formula One is a team sport in a very literal sense – that's why we love what we do.
Red Bull Advanced Technologies is currently seeking experienced No1 Mechanics to contribute to the ground-breaking hypercar; AM-RB 001- Valkyrie.
The No1 Mechanic will be responsible for the assembly and disassembly of of the AM-RB 001- Valkyrie in a professional, safe and timely manner while working to clearly defined specifications and standards. This role involves leading a car crew and supporting all events in the most professional manner whilst ensuring that the highest industry standards are maintained at all times. The role will involve repeated and extended trips abroad to support car testing.
The successful applicants should have experience and knowledge of:
- Broad motorsport experience as a No1 or No2 mechanic in high level motorsport
- Ability to ensure the highest standard of workmanship is maintained from yourself and your crew
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, proactive in problem-solving and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Maintaining a scrupulously clean and tidy working environment, whether factory or trackside based, while always working within the departments COSHH guidelines and ensuring that all relevant Health and Safety requirements are met
- The ability to work well with, and lead, a team to achieve 100% reliability of the car
- Ability to work in high pressure environment
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written) and computer literacy skills
- Working in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set
- Being pro-active in promoting a positive image for the department / team / sponsors.
Job Posting End Date
Sun, 4 Apr 2021