NASCAR seeks the exceptional, the talented and the driven to contribute to its success as one of North America's premier sports. Offering opportunities in various areas across the sport, NASCAR encourages innovation and creativity on and off the track.
The 2022 NASCAR Diversity Internship Program is a paid internship that seeks undergraduate and graduate students of color to contribute to the fast-paced NASCAR industry. NDIP provides practical, unique, hands-on experience in a variety of fields vital to the sport & business operations.
- Be a member of one or more of the following races/ethnic minority classifications: Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Latino or Hispanic, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, or be considered a recent graduate who has not completed their degree before the fall of the application year
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.*
- Be at least in their sophomore year of college
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be willing to relocate to Florida, North Carolina, or various locations across the United States
*Temporary visas will not be issued for this internship program.
- The selection team will be conducting rolling interviews- students are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible
- Students only need to submit ONE application; applicants will be considered for all internship positions in their desired field(s)
- The application period for consideration to the NASCAR Diversity Internship Program for summer 2022 is November 15- December 23, 2021
What I will be doing…
The Hospitality and Guest Services intern will assist with administrative tasks, sales, marketing and various special projects.
- Strategically align with marketing teams for branding opportunities/creating new menu items.
- Sell corporate and VIP hospitality packages/creating contracts using Cater ease software.
- Create schedules, satisfy audit requirements, and submit payroll.
- Recruit and train new seasonal employees
Skills I need to be successful in this role…
Major or Area of Study: Hospitality, Guest Services or Sports Marketing
Courses and experience in: Hospitality, Event Management, Sports Marketing
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.