Purpose of Role
Working within the Motorsport team, the Motorsport Technician will play a pivotal role in providing market leading products and services to a global customer base.
This is a key role to managing and enhancing the relationship between McLaren Motorsport and our key customer bases.
- Preparation and execution of chassis composite reworks prior to car build as required
- Build and preparation of McLaren Motorsport racing cars to the required specification
- Accountable for build and preparation of the car and respective sub-assemblies
- Understand and follow detailed work instructions relating to the construction, assembly or painting of the vehicles
- Ensure that all station operations on each vehicle are completed to the required quality standard
- Work as part of a team to define and aide solution to any problems that may arise during build, that could affect the quality, cost or build efficiency of the product
- Support the development and launch into production future McLaren Motorsport vehicle platforms and variants
- Support with the development of vehicle assembly processes for all disciplines
- Support the team and wider business functions to ensure all quality targets are correctly specified and achieved
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Provide support in the maintenance & preparation of PURE fleet vehicles pre & post events to ensure vehicle integrity is always maintained
- Provide support in the maintenance & preparation of Development vehicles pre & post testing to ensure vehicle integrity is maintained at all times
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within a low volume vehicle production / motorsport build environment
- Experience of composite trimming, grinding, and drilling to high standards
- Base level understanding of track-based cars is essential
- Have value added experience in the field of production vehicle manufacturing.
- Taking receipt of guidance and instruction from leadership direction.
- Willingness to travel and support customers, PURE & development events as required
- Determination to drive forward the business to ‘Best in Class’ performance standards in line with brand expectations
- Take the opportunity to proactively use initiative where appropriate
- A team player who can support others
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Results focused and driven to achieve a successful outcome
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Adhere to the McLaren Values and help grow the Automotive & Motorsport Brand
- Actively seeks ways to improve the quality of work through constructive feedback or self education
- Flexibility when working unsociable hours in support of meeting program targets and maintaining a flexible approach to working hours
No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
Business area: Motorsport
Position level: Technician / Administrator
Working time: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: 7:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday