Motorsports Event Manager is responsible for working with COTA's private track rental clients, team testing clients and HPDE programs on planning and facilitating their on-track events. This person will establish and maintain relationships with internal and external partners to execute and fulfill overall event objectives. This position requires exceptional customer service skills, attention to detail, flexibility and teamwork. The Motorsports Event Manager is an exempt position that reports to the Director, Motorsport Events.
- Develop and manage relationships between COTA and private track rental clients, team testing clients and HPDE program clients and/or potential clients
- Promote and provide exceptional customer service with a team player attitude
- Liaise with Director, Motorsports Events as needed for all aspects of the track rental event and implementation
- Work with internal departments (operations, sponsorship, IT and AV, catering, etc.) to confirm event requirements are addressed and met, and to ensure seamless implementation of each event for the client
- Interact with clients to identify their event requirements such as staffing, setup, space needs, schedule, technical requirements, catering requirements, contract administration, billing, etc.
- Ensure all track-related equipment and supplies are procured, maintained and in place for all events as required. Items include, but are not limited to radios, rescue vehicles, fire extinguishers, flags, signage, safety suits, etc.
- Create custom Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and room diagrams for each event as needed
- Working knowledge of event booking software, assist with event calendar maintenance
- Attend weekly BEO, production and operations meetings
- Create & manage documentation for tracking staff information, incident reports and property damage
- Effectively communicate event details to all necessary departments
- Provide on-site presence during track rentals events, including event load-in & load-out
- Continually develop solutions to operational and logistical challenges
- Assist and support other co-workers with their events
- Additional tasks as assigned for support and planning of professional motorsports events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Polished and articulate with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Visio, and event management programs
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions affecting client's track experience
- Possess excellent organizational skills with ability to problem solve and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Adhere to all COTA policies including, but not limited to safety practices and accounting procedures
- Strong working knowledge of policies, procedures and practices used in motorsports
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous work experience in related field with similar requirements of event coordination, organization, and hiring/managing/scheduling staff
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events the noise level may be loud
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.