Mugen is a name synonymous with engineering at the highest level in World motorsports, having competed in many Championships including Formula 1 and numerous World Championship motorcycle events.
In addition, Mugen is also a 6-time Isle of Man TT winner, and the current lap record holder, in the all-electric TT Zero class.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of M-Tec Co Ltd, of Tokyo, Japan, Mugen Euro Co. Ltd is the European outlet focussed on Motorsport projects, specialising in engine development.
We require a highly motivated and passionate individual to join our team as a Race Support Engineer to provide technical support to the highest standard for the engines used by our customer teams competing in the Repsol CEV Moto3 Junior World Championship.
The Repsol CEV Moto3 Junior World Championship is a European-based series of events held, primarily, in Spain, but may include events in Portugal, France, Italy and elsewhere.
The role is currently considered as a contract position to cover specified events, and, for ease of access, may suit a candidate resident in a European Union country.
- Have experience in providing technical engine support to race teams.
- Have experience in collecting and analysing data from the motorbike ECU
- Be entitled to travel throughout Europe with no restrictions
- Knowledge of, and the ability to communicate in European languages, particularly Spanish, Italian and English would be an advantage.
- Availability to work weekends, and other times, for all race and test events.
- Highly motivated with a conscientious attitude and a passion for detail.
Attend race and test events to support Mugen Euro customer teams
Collect and analyse data after practice and race sessions
Identify existing and potential issues with the engine and implement countermeasures as necessary.
Report to UK base and liaise with Mugen Euro staff.
Maintain Mugen Euro-customer relationships to the highest standard
As a member of a small team, and as our business diversifies in various areas, to be flexible in your outlook and integrate with all other parts of the business that might necessitate assistance.
Please apply stating your experience and qualifications for this role, and any particular language skills you may possess.