Mechanical Design Engineer - Fixed Term Contract (Ref REQ-200040)
A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Mechanical Design Group for a Mechanical Design Engineer working on a fixed term contract. This role will support strategic projects and will be embedded in our design team.
Reporting to the Head of Mechanical Design, the successful candidate will work on a variety of projects on the car’s suspension, steering and brake systems encompassing both metallic and composite design. Using an analytical approach to highly detailed engineering design, you will work on projects from design through testing and implementation onto the race car.
- Working on the design and development of mechanical, hydraulic and composite assemblies to the highest standards.
- Generating 3D models, Assemblies and 2D drawings.
- Specifying and following the R&D testing programmes for safety and performance critical systems.
- Reliability management of assigned systems throughout component life cycle and in support of the team’s reliability function.
- Close collaboration with other engineering departments and external suppliers to ensure fully integrated system designs, achieving optimal car performance.
- Use of Catia FEA to support your own designs.
- Supporting all areas/departments in the design office when workloads dictate.
- Mechanical, automotive or aeronautical engineering degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification.
- Having multiple years’ experience in F1, another top-level motorsport category or an equivalent high-level engineering industry is essential.
- Experience of Catia V5/3DX mechanical design package would be beneficial.
- Use of finite element analysis tools (ideally with Catia V5/3DX package) and hand calculation methodologies to produce reliable and optimised designs is a significant benefit.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to ensure cross departmental integration.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision to tight deadlines.
Whilst the environment in which you will work will be pressured and will demand a high level of attention to detail, you will be fully supported by your team to give you opportunity to be creative and develop solutions to achieve the very best.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities