Do you live and breathe the world of motorsports? AO Racing is ready to kick your passion into high gear with an incredible opportunity to join our dynamic team as a Mechanic. Our vision is to dominate at the top level of motorsports, and we're making waves in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and the World Endurance Championship. Get ready to be part of an exhilarating journey as we race towards victory!
AO Racing was formed with a vision of winning at the top level of motorsports. Starting off with a bang in 2023, we are competing in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and the World Endurance Championship, along with select historic outings.
In the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, we’re racing with Rexy, the No. 80 Tyrannosaurus Rex Porsche 911 GT3 Rawr, racing in the GTD class. We are excited to bring Rexy to life and let it eat up the tracks around North America in the IMSA GTD class. In the World Endurance Championship, we’ve partnered to race with Project 1 Motorsport, racing the No. 56 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR across the Globe.
You’ll be great at this role if you:
- Collaborate well with mechanics, managers, race engineers, and other supporting team members to efficiently build exceptional race cars.
- Contribute ideas to enhance car performance, reliability, and crew efficiency.
- Maintain open communication with team members during race weekends, informing them of pit lane changes and daily schedule targets.
- Allow your experience and knowledge to make you an invaluable mentor to your fellow team members, fostering a positive learning environment and maintaining top-notch quality control.
- Can represent our team and sponsors with style and professionalism. On and off-track, you'll treat partners and their guests with respect, answering their questions and leaving a lasting impression during tours and events.
What You’ll Do:
- Travel with the team to races and tests, ensuring the proper functioning of the race car for successful and flawless on-track performance.
- Flex your planning muscles as you assist in scheduling build plans and service intervals, effectively communicating them to our passionate mechanics.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of technical specifications, event procedures, and pit lane rules outlined in the rule book.
- Maintaining a professional appearance for our race cars and equipment will be one of your priorities, both in the shop and at the track. And don't forget to promote cleanliness among the team members too!
- Your inventory skills will be put to the test. Track parts count, current service status, and necessary updates to keep everything running smoothly.
- Ensure all required equipment, spare parts, and car options are properly loaded onto the transporter, ready for action.
- Meeting specified timelines for race car preparation, you'll consistently deliver a high-quality product that sets the standard.
- Accurate post-event teardown and event-related information will be meticulously recorded, leaving no detail behind.
- Safely operate equipment according to recommended safety specifications, utilizing all necessary protective gear.
- Go over the wall in order to service the car during Pit Stops.
- Participate in a workout program designed to maintain physical strength and endurance at a professional level.
- Team spirit shines through. You'll lend a helping hand to your fellow team members, ensuring a seamless flow of tasks and keeping our racing machine running smoothly.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of three years' experience as a Mechanic in the racing industry, demonstrating your dedication to the craft and ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Your mechanical prowess shines as you effortlessly disassemble, diagnose, inspect, and reassemble race car components to 100% of technical specifications.
- Race car setup is your domain! You possess a comprehensive understanding of race car setup specifications and appropriate safety mechanisms for each component.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of effectively conveying information to all team members.
- Proficiency in interpreting and following setup designs for race and test events.
- Your mechanical knowledge is extensive, encompassing components, electronics, and the structural framework of race cars.
- Proficiency in manual machining using tools such as lathes, mills, drill presses, and band saws.
- You're no stranger to precision measurements, utilizing professional precision measuring devices with ease.
- Ability to concentrate on detailed work for extended periods.
- Ability to work in an environment with hazardous chemicals and fumes, with a demonstrated understanding of emergency safety procedures and proper usage of safety equipment.
Why AO Racing?
There are many benefits that come with working with us such as:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for employees and their eligible family members.
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Parental Leave
- All travel expenses covered
- Modern, clean, and well-equipped shop
- Great team environment and work ethic
- Race team uniform and equipment