Summary: The Machinist is responsible for settings standards for machines and feeding tubes into the machine. Operators help build components to meet customer needs that will be used in the production line. Employees work as a member of a team, using machinery to build component parts to company specifications and customer expectations consistent with Bilstein’s quality and productivity standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Able to ask questions, seek help, and problem solve when the need arises.
- Sets machine parameters as specified, adjust settings, sensors to dial in process and then create a part.
- Inspects finished part characteristics like, outside diameter, length, and wall thickness using gages (height gages, calipers, and microscopes).
- Identifies discrepant materials/components both in writing and verbally to supervisor.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Expereince working in a manufactuing environment with deomstrated ability to troubleshoot machine issues as well as ability to think critical in situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydraulic/pheumatic mechanics.
- Proven mechnical aptitude with the understanding and ability to apply mechanical concepts and principles to solve problems.
- Conveys an understanding of blueprints, engineer plans, and specific materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude. Possesses a logical method of problem solving and willingness to learn and improve one’s skills. Demonstrates a strong commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements at all times.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination and is able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic and willingness to do what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts.)
- Position is required to be able to lift up to 40 pounds, perform repetitious duties and walk or stand for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- Position is required to be able to work required overtime that can be substantial during peak customer production periods.
- Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all activities; maintains accountability for performance.
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
This is us – your new employer
Components Technology - Our Business Area Components Technology is passionate about everything that moves. It produces components for all application areas such as front and rear axles of all Porsche models or large-diameter anti-friction slewing rings for windmill-powered plants. 30.000 employees are responsible for the success of this Business Area.
thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America, Inc. is a world class manufacturer of suspension solutions headquartered in Hamilton, Ohio USA. thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America supplies products to a wide range of Original Equipment Automotive Manufacturers as well as Aftermarket and Motorsports.
We value diversity
thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.