Think Automotive Ltd are a manufacturer and distributor of components for performance vehicle plumbing and cooling. We are based in Ashford, Surrey and are currently looking for a:
Machine Shop Manager/Operator
An excellent opportunity for a Machine Shop Manager/Operator from a CNC background, who is looking for a role where they have the opportunity to stamp their image on a team and join a company that is undergoing continued expansion and investment.
We design and manufacture components that are supplied into a wide range of different sectors and markets globally. We are industry leaders and have recently made significant investments to expand and continue to grow our operations at our site in Ashford, Surrey.
We are looking for a CNC Manager/Operator who is comfortable programming and running a CNC operated mill & turning centres, together with our specialised machinery.
We are looking for someone who can take projects from drawing stage through to machining and quality certified parts that are ready for assembly.
Whilst we appreciate that it is unlikely you will have experience in our exact machinery and software, we are looking for someone who is keen to learn and adapt to our way of working as well as bringing their own experience, enthusiasm and industry knowledge to the team.
- Management of the Machine Shop and its operations
- Planning and prioritising production
- Management of stock to optimise production efficiency
- Liaising with other Machine Operators (currently one) and the Designer to make sure projects run smoothly
- Day to day operation of the CNC and other machines
- Writing programs and then programming the CNC ready for operation
- Oversee the maintenance of all the company machinery
- Ensuring products meet Quality Standards
- Ensure all Health & Safety requirements are met
- Maintain program and tooling records for all components
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the machine shop
- Good working knowledge of modern CNC machining centers, lathes and milling machines
- Knowledge of creating Jigs and fixtures
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Desirable but not essential knowledge of HyperMill CAM software and G Code
- Knowledge of ISO quality systems
- Ability to work well as part of a small team
- Good communication skills
- Strong self-motivation with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent computer, literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of Health & Safety
Dependent upon experience